Boca Raton, FL Pest Control
Pest Control in Boca Raton, FL
Boca Raton is a tourist-centric community located north of Pompano Beach in Palm Beach County, Florida. With world-famous beach resorts and golf courses, people flock to Boca from all over. But our subtropical climate, proximity to the ocean, and popularity with tourists are all factors that contribute to Boca Raton’s pest risk. Any local property can wind up with an infestation, which is why it’s essential to learn how you can avoid pest populations moving in and know which professionals to turn to for quick and total elimination.
Residential Pest Control in Boca Raton
Pests inside of homes are more common than most people realize. They can be drawn in by all the food, water, and shelter readily available inside residential properties. That’s why residential pest control is really about keeping up on pest prevention, rather than waiting for an infestation to be evident before you address these risks. With help from Great Southern Environmental Services, you know you’re always protected thanks to this thorough process:
- Inspection: We begin our visit with a comprehensive inspection of your property indoors and outdoors. We check for signs of pests or factors that could be drawing them to your property.
- Treatment: We use the details exposed in our inspection to formulate a pest control plan that addresses your needs, whether elimination services for pests already there or exclusionary services for pests that might try to move in later.
- Follow-Up: We always follow up with you following the conclusion of our initial treatments. This ensures that the problem won’t just come right back.
Contact Great Southern Environmental Services today for residential pest control in Boca Raton.
Commercial Pest Control in Boca Raton
For as problematic as pests can be when they’re inside homes, residential infestations can’t hold a candle to commercial ones. Businesses have way more activity around them every day, which means pests are even more attracted to commercial properties. Plus, the consequences of a pest infestation don’t just affect the property owners themselves, but also the people who work, shop, and visit every day. Commercial pest control protects you from these consequences, including:
- Damage: Pests can chew, dig, tunnel, and stain all kinds of areas of a property. The damage can range from nasty and cosmetic to dangerous and structural, especially where pests like termites are concerned.
- Disease: Pests are also known to carry diseases or parasites, which can have severe consequences for a business that’s beholden to its public health inspection ratings.
- Profits: Pests in your business can hurt your bottom line and your reputation.
Commercial pest control protects you from these problems, which is why it’s a smart investment that Boca Raton property owners should get started on right away. Contact Great Southern Environmental Services today.
Boca Raton’s Step-By-Step Cockroach Control Guide
Cockroaches are some of the ultimate gross-out critters. They look nasty, and their oil bodies make them the kind of bug you never want to come in contact with. But they are also challenging to get rid of once they move in, and they can contribute to health concerns and property damage once their populations take off. This is why you need to get started on cockroach control methods right away instead of waiting for an infestation to be a problem already. Here are the steps to work on:
- Food & Trash: Cockroaches are scavengers, subsisting on food scraps that they can find in tough-to-reach areas of a property or even inside trash cans. You need to deep clean regularly and ensure that your trash bins are inaccessible.
- Moisture: Like most pests, cockroaches are attracted to moist areas. This is why they are often found under sinks or in storage areas like attics and cellars where moisture hangs. You can address this concern through proper ventilation and plumbing maintenance.
- Access Points: Cockroaches can fit through much smaller spaces than their bodies would indicate. They flatten their bodies to fit through even slight cracks.
The best way to adequately address all these factors is by partnering with cockroach control experts who can inspect your property and develop a plan of attack. Contact Great Southern Environmental Services today to get started.
Mosquitoes & Dangerous Disease: What Boca Raton Residents Ought To Know
Most people don’t think of tiny bugs as dangerous animals. We tend to think of things of larger size with sharp teeth or claws. But parasites like mosquitoes can do much more harm than a big predator can. Mosquitoes have been responsible for more human deaths throughout history than all the big scary beasts combined. That’s because the actual danger of mosquitoes is in the viruses and bacteria that they can spread through their bites. As parasites that feed off of blood, mosquitoes can take pathogens from one person or another kind of animal and then put it directly into the bloodstream of whoever it bites next. This is why mosquito infestations are a lot more serious than just a problem with a few buzzing insects. Instead, Boca Raton property owners should take the threat of mosquitoes seriously by getting started on proper mosquito control measures right away. By contacting the pros, you can get a thorough inspection of your yard and perimeter, including treatments that ward off mosquitoes so you never have to have them flying around your property. Turn to Great Southern Environmental Services today to get started on proper mosquito protection.
Everything You Need To Know About Ants In Your Boca Raton Home
Ants are everywhere. If you’ve been outside in Boca Raton for more than 10 minutes, chances are you’ve seen these tiny pests. They are so common that it can be easy to dismiss them, especially when they are outside. But when ants make their way into your home, that’s when the problems begin. Ants can spread diseases, contaminate food and food preparation surfaces, and make you feel uncomfortable in your home. Some species, like fire ants, can also inflict painful bites and stings.
Whether they are being a nuisance, spreading diseases, or jeopardizing your family’s health, you don’t want ants around your home. Here are some tips to keep your home ant-free:
- Install weatherstripping around windows and door sweeps on exterior doors
- Seal cracks and crevices around your home
- Store trash in bins with sealed lids
- Don’t leave pet food out and clean the areas where your pets eat frequently
- Clean up spills and crumbs quickly
- Store food in sealed, hard-sided containers or in the refrigerator
However, the best way to keep ants out of your home is to work with Great Southern Environmental Services.
If you are worried about ants in your home, have an active ant infestation, or want to make sure you have a plan in place to keep your home ant-free, call us today. We offer professional ant control you can count on to keep these tiny, annoying, and potentially dangerous pests out of your home.
What To Do About Bees On Your Boca Raton Property
Anyone who has encountered a bee in Boca Raton knows how painful a bee sting can be. Maybe you’ve even wished that bees weren’t around at all so you didn’t have to worry about them. But as annoying as bees can be, they serve an essential purpose. Bees are one of nature’s greatest pollinators, ensuring flowers, crops, and other plants grow.
While bees are an essential part of the ecosystem, they can still be dangerous if they get too close to your home or family. Here are some ways to limit a potentially painful interaction with bees:
- Avoid flowery scents and perfumes when spending time outside
- Avoid wearing brightly colored clothing or anything with a floral print
- Wear a hat while outdoors
- Cover food and sugary drinks when eating or drinking outside
If you come across a beehive on your property, please don’t try to remove it alone. Instead, move calmly out of the area and call us for professional bee control. We’ll safely remove the bees and relocate them so they can continue to help the environment without threatening your family’s safety.
The Problem With Do-It-Yourself Rodent Control In Your Boca Raton Home
Living just a few hours south of the world’s most famous mouse, it can be easy to think of rodents as cute and friendly, but having these furry pests in your home can be bad news. Rodents can destroy your home and jeopardize the health and safety of your family by spreading diseases and causing allergic reactions.
If you come home one day and find yourself face to face with a rat, mouse, or another rodent, your first instinct may be to try to get rid of them on your own. You can run to the hardware store and grab all the DIY traps, baits, and poisons you can fit in the car. While these DIY methods may eliminate a few rodents, they won’t get to the root of the problem. And with how fast rodents breed, you will find yourself in an endless cycle of eliminating a few rodents and then many more appearing.
Instead of wasting your time, energy, and money on DIY methods, call us for professional rodent control in Boca Raton. We’ll quickly eliminate any mice, rats, or other vermin from your home and, just as importantly, help you make the changes to your home and property that will keep them from returning.
Here's How To Tell If Your Boca Raton Property Has A Termite Problem
Termites have quite a reputation. In fact, they are commonly referred to as “the silent destroyers.” This is a nickname that termites have earned over the years for their ability to damage your home while remaining undetected. It is estimated that these tiny, hard-to-find pests cause over $5 billion worth of property damage across the United States annually.
If you want to keep your home and budget protected from termites, it’s crucial that you know the signs of a termite infestation so you can catch it early:
- Mud tubes on the exterior of your home
- Paint that is uneven or bubbling
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
- The presence of swarmers or their discarded wings
- Piles of a fine, sawdust-like powder called frass near holes in wood
Contact us immediately for termite control if you see any of these signs. Our experts will use multiple termite treatment methods like liquid applications and whole-home fumigation to quickly eliminate the termites around your property. We’ll also create a barrier of protection around your home to keep termites out for good.
Don’t let termites eat away at your home and your savings. Call us today for termite control you can count on, and let us keep your home safe from termites and all the damage they can do.
Hear What Our Satisfied Customers Have to Say
Great Southern Environmental Services Inc. received an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars from 81 reviews.